Call for Candidates
No connections and no recommendations required to join the List of Candidates of the New Wood Staff Union for the 2021 elections to the Staff Coordinating Council (SCC).
New Wood is a Staff Union, not a clique or a clan.
Dear Colleagues from UNOG and sister organizations represented in the SCC,
More than ever, your involvement in staff representation is crucial. In fact, the future of the International Civil Service may hinge on your role as Staff Representatives.
All you need to appear on our list is genuine commitment to the following:
- protecting staff rights and collective interests,
- improving the situation of the staff of UNOG and sister organizations represented in the SCC,
- extending help and acting in solidarity with colleagues who may be going through a rough patch in their career,
- having the ILO Declaration on Fundamental Principles and Rights at Work, SDG 8, and basic human rights apply to ALL UN Staff too.
So, you are very welcome to join us in the New Wood Staff Union
- if you do care about the core values of the UN,
- if you are nostalgic of how it used to feel like to work for the UN, or if you are a Millennial and would like to enjoy job security and to continue receiving the benefits package that goes with being an international civil servant,
- and if you love being of service to yourself by being of service to your colleagues.
* If interested in appearing on our Union’s List, please note that you will be required to become a member of our Union and of its Executive Committee. Kindly note also that being a staff representative entitles you to partial release from your normal work duties as it entails real involvement in the SCC activities (for more details, see A/C.5/50/64 – Annex).